Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) club is a business and entrepreneurship club which serves as an introduction to business concepts. FBLA club is based off experiences from accomplished business gurus who serve as guest speakers and students will also have a chance to participate in a year end business pitch competition with an esteemed panel of judges.
FBLA Topics Include but are not limited to:
- Overview of Basic Business Concepts - problems/solutions; market entry; startup types; research
- Founding a Company - Co-founders, structure, capital, vision, cap table
- Building Products - Product definition, Product market fit, IP, differentiation, pivot
- Creating Demand and Selling - defining paths to market (GTM)
- Managing Financials, P&L - concepts to know and levers to understand (burn, churn)
- Fundraising Techniques (F&F, Angel, VC) - how much to raise and when
- People/Leadership/Interpersonal skills - finding and retaining talent; making great hires, building company culture, and replacing talent etc.
- The Pitch - Getting ready to pitch to the outside world - investors, customers etc.
- Build, grow, or exit. Mergers and acquisitions.
FBLA Requirements: FBLA is a very active organization and requires a 1-2 hour weekly time commitment from your student with either meetings, stock market checks, and/or enrichment work. Additionally, students are in charge of their experience so responsibility is key. Students will have a great time being a part of this organization and will learn many important skills needed for their future educational endeavors and beyond.
Speakers and Volunteer Recruitment: Our community is what makes this club amazing! Please consider sharing your business knowledge by presenting to our students. Additionally, if you have connections an introduction email would be fabulous.
Deadlines and Meetings: Fall semester meetings begin on 9/15/23 (application deadlines for all students are due 9/8/23). Meetings are held in room 22 from 3:15-4:30 on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month.
Fill in the form below and return a hard copy to Room 22 by 9/8/23:
Register for the club on this PTA website after logging in. You will see the FBLA Form when you click on My Account -> My Forms/Paperwork.
2023-2024 Info-Session Slide Deck